Thursday 27 June 2024

The channels

I find the cool channels
between buildings 
where the wind finds flow, 
This breeze block, asphalt, concrete complex,
Where the radiance of the sun
is battery farmed.

Where humidity is increased in one room,
And conditioned into ice-dry climate in another,
And i walk unseen among the scientists,
clustered in their honey burrows,
I'm dripping sweat on their sterile floors
Dragging plastic through their corridors 
wearing their lab coats
but the dark ring of perspiration
is around my colar
And I cannot be with them,
So
I seek the channels
between the buildings
where the monster casts its shadow
And sucks the cool air through


No comments:

Post a Comment

Surrender

I surrender to you Like I was bound to do Not with hands held high Nor did I  Abdicate my throne of emotions: It's courts abandoned, The...