Wednesday, 7 October 2026

I Was Made For The Mountains

My Soul was made for the Mountains

My Body for the Swamp

My Heart shall live in the Highlands

And my flesh do what it wants 


I was not made  to fester

I was made to fly

My heart soars in the heavens

While my bones just sing and cry


These bones you've made shall praise you

These bones you've crushed shall live

While the flesh falls off of the cattle grid

They'll rise and take and give.


These bones you've made shall praise you

These bones you've crushed rejoice

While the flesh falls finally silent

They'll rise up at your voice.


I was made for the mountains

The horizons I see from there

The worry as the cloud below

Thick with the thinner air


I was made for mountains

Though I lie here in the bog

And wallow in the filthy water

Happy as a hog


Happy in the land below

In the marshy suck

Happy in my ignorance

Overcast down and down on luck


Happy in the pigswill

Happy in the trough

Like a dog with last night's vomit

I can't get enough


But Oxegen is my nutrient

Oxegen and light

And the Mountain is my homeland

Though I've made my bed in shite,


I'll yet climb up that cliff face,

I'll ascend that happy height

One day, I will attend 

When I've lost the proidigal appetite.


I was made for mountains

To walk above the mist

And soaring over valleys

And to feel the upward lift.


I was made to love you

And love you, oh God, I do,

So speak the words

And summon me

And I will come to you.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I Was Made For The Mountains

My Soul was made for the Mountains My Body for the Swamp My Heart shall live in the Highlands And my flesh do what it wants  I was not made ...