Monday, 4 May 2026

Lopsided

There is something wrong with Matthew

There's a faulty setting in my genes

my spine is out of line

Physically and morally, It seems,

The good I want to do,

Well this I do not do

And the bad course I would avoid,

I'm held captive to.


I'm Lop-sided when I sit

I'm lopsided when I walk

Cack-handed when I clutch

Tongue-tied when I talk,

I'm lopsided, I've decided, 

Like you've never seen

Yes I am lop-sided

But I know which way to lean


I'm leaning on the everlasting arms

Or falling down the gap between


I cannot stand or sit-up straight

So Instead I lean

I cannot stand or sit-up straight

So, on Love, I lean.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I Was Made For The Mountains

My Soul was made for the Mountains My Body for the Swamp My Heart shall live in the Highlands And my flesh do what it wants  I was not made ...