Sunday, 26 July 2026

Space

 I see a space

That envelopes everything,

Like the gestational sac I saw

In absence of embryo

The huge implications of that vast open tiny space

Within that microscopic cell

A gap containing life

The void into which he stepped

The expansive reaches of inner space

Infinitely reducing 

Life to its essence.

At 8 weeks

A presence announced by 

A bleed and an empty space.


When they showed me our scan at 20 weeks, with a developed recognisable fetus

The wonder was not there.

It had been spent on that sack.


The weight of possibility.


Yes, yes, you are losing the baby, the consultant said.

But his words of certainty could not outweigh the nothing I saw in that Sac

And I told my wife that.


I saw God,

Held in the balance

In that unburst balloon

And I knew

There was life

Waiting

Inflating.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Space

 I see a space That envelopes everything, Like the gestational sac I saw In absence of embryo The huge implications of that vast open tiny s...