Friday, 18 September 2020

Bottom

When all was drunk,

And it came down to it,

Drowning in dregs,

Sinking in my own vomit,

My belief was burst,

Not a life jacket, but a millstone,

But much as I hated I could not reject you,

And you must save me,

And you alone,


I want you to know,

I got to the bottom,

I found deep truths,

Long forgotten,

And if faith is something,

Rather than taken up,

Something of which one cannot let go,

Then yes, I'm a stubborn rebel,

But I have to say,

I found at the bottom,

I have such faith,

And I love you so,


On the bottom, looking up,

I saw the surface, 

The shimmer and glow,

And from the bottom,

It was more beautiful,

Than angels on clouds will ever know,


















No comments:

Post a Comment

I Was Made For The Mountains

My Soul was made for the Mountains My Body for the Swamp My Heart shall live in the Highlands And my flesh do what it wants  I was not made ...