Monday 8 July 2013

Judah

Look at me,
Walking along,
With a king size Poop a scoop,
And a Lion on a lead.

 
I think I have him under control,
I've been training him for many years,
Rewarding him with bits of meat,
And tickling his ears.

 
He even does the odd trick for me,
(though he wont perform for strangers),
They think us a little bit insane,
And, if I'm honest, rather dangerous,

 
So I put bunches in his mane,
And pink ribbons on his tail,
To make him more acceptable,
(And to keep me out of jail!)

 
I some times want to introduce him,
To the people that I meet,
But for some unfathomable reason,
They just run off down the street.

 
Sometimes when I have new company,
I keep him in the room next door,
And make up my excuses,
If they hear him roar,

 
I love my Lion very much,
But I have my pride,
What would the new neighbours think,
On seeing I've a lion inside.

 
On the odd occasion,
When we're out and about,
I wonder if the lead I've got him on,
Is really all that stout,

 
But I am pretty sure,
That it's me that's in control,
Of this Lion called Judah,
On our gentle stroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...