Friday 28 February 2014

Deep Hearts

The deep in you calls to the deep in me,
all your breaking waves,
broke over me,

beneath the surface,
of the surf
lies the force,
that formed the wave,
that shaped this earth,

Don't scratch my skin.
Don't scrape the dirt.
Dig down god-deep,
to the well of hurt.

The seed you planted,
deep in my dreams,
that runs through my soul,
through muffled screams,

calls to the deep in you,
to the hidden depths,
beneath your words,
beyond regrets.

Beyond the stars.
Beyond understanding.
Beyond my need.
Way past my demanding,

a home for the heart,
all that I am, and am to be,
cries out to you,
longs to see,
Love, Justice,
Creation, Mercy.

The deep in you calls to the deep in me,
all your breaking waves,
broke over me.

Still waters run deep,
wake the desires beneath,
that slip into sleep.
Stir the sleeper into stirring.
Summon the deep,

the deep in me,
all you made me to be,
calls out to you,
as you call out to me.
Summon Leviathan ,
from the depths of the sea;
Awaken love.
Awaken thirst.
Awaken me.
Do your worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...