Saturday 26 April 2014

In vain

You're vain in vain,
You have vanity in your veins,
You're so vain, it's insane,
in vanity insanity reigns,
You're vanity is interplanetary,
So I would go to many pains,
To define your vanity,
But sadly it's so vast ,
that my efforts are in vain,

Your vanity lacks humanity,
It occupies your brain,
You stand out in the street,
Looking for your reflection in each drop of rain,
you're so vain that you would follow each trickle,
Till it runs down the drain,
Like I said before,
Your vanity is insane.

In the main, it's a shame,
How vain you are is a pain,
But when I think of how small you are,
Mostly, it's in vain.

You'll hardly be remembered,
You'll never find your fame,
Amongst the billions who live now,
And the billions before who came,
In a universe expanding
In this multiverse, arcane
To think that this revolves around you,
Matthew Joseph,
It's insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...