Friday 30 October 2015

The Personalised Cross


Can I get one,

That's a snug fit,

In your 'No nails' range,

Now I think of it!


Have you got something in red?

Dull brown's just not me,

Got to think how it looks;

This “Christianity”,

 

What about padding?

It seems quite rough,

And I don't want to get splinters,

If I'm going to be in the buff,



Also, can I wear clothes?

Or I'm going to look silly

Out on display,

And sometimes it's chilly,


Although Jesus pulls it off,

In the book,

For the rest of us, you'll concede,

Not a flattering look,

 

And can I take one,

With slightly less jeerers?

It can't have escaped your notice,

I am hardly fearless,


Besides,

I am quite sensitive,

And I would rather,

Live and let live,


And must I “take it up”,

All of the time?

Could I not work shifts,

Say five to nine?

(Till ten past nine)


I'll do the time,

Fifteen minutes,

Of fame on the cross,

Wait till I tell them,

Back at Martyrs-are-us,


Oh and by the way,

I hope you don't expect me to actually die,

But If called upon, I can perform,

A convincing cry,


Surely that will suffice,

There is no need,

For real sacrifice...





(20/06/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...