Wednesday 19 August 2020

Scream Directions (for a Screenplay)

In all of my youthful dreams,

It never fell apart at the seems,

I would be golden, I had the means,

But now my nightmare arrived in waking screams,

The wasteful composure,  concluding these scenes,

Skinny longings in skinny jeans,

But all of that crap's 

Gone in a clap,

Cut to fat,

(Fade to black)


When I was a lad; a little boy,

I thought the future might hold joy,

Daily/nightly I would employ,

The device of dreams as they were my toy,

Look into the lens now , Don't be so coy,

Pucker up, son, praise, acclaim and fame ahoy,

Smiles make up for the lack,

Of blue-sky's gone, not coming back,

Cut to me cutting hope some slack,

Now cut the crap,

(And fade to black)


A lifetime spent in vain pretense,

That the future held more than the present tense,

That potential held the best defense,

Unassailable, unquestionable in a sense,

The weight of the unknown, could be immense,

The potential heft of what could be hence,

Weighed: found wanting, a has-been hack,

The weight of expectations broke his back,

Pinned with excuses, under attack,

Cut to cancer, or heart attack,

Finally run out of slack,

Shrug to camera,

(Fade to black)


The dream is gone, and the dream is dead,

The dream was a beast that should have never been fed,

On a leash, but it was I that was being led,

And all hope scattered before it and fled,

And I became what I came to dread,

I should have loved God and others instead,

Instead of the pride that filled my head,

Cut to me, gone way off track,

Boxed in whilst the mourners dress in black,

Cut to the smile that will never crack,

Fixed in death, etched in flesh like wax,

(Close the lid)

Fade to black.


Image result for blank tv screen





(The disparity betwixt the dream the reality. The fake fur trimmed coat of what could be to cover me from the cold of the hard reality of what was and what would be. I pulled up the hood and hid my face in the tunnel vision of that snorkel. Life is gone in a moment. Like flowers we fade and fall. Use your bloom wisely. Love God, love others. Find fulfillment in these.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...