Friday, 9 September 2022

August

 For the whole month of August I did not write a poem,

When September came I said, it is time to get goin',

For when the summer came, I gave up in disgust,

"It's too hot to write", said I,  "in the month of August"


To commemorate this dry and barren wasteland

I purposed to make good,  snatching keyboard to hand,

Though it's over and gone I feel that I must

Commemorate, that my memory ate, 

The Month of August


For heat haze and blur of the mind

And time too, the thief, had been too unkind

And though I swore I would never go bust,

I look back and lament

The month of August



Mothlike the month eats away at me like rust,

Leaving holes in my memory,

Of the month of August


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Was Made For The Mountains

My Soul was made for the Mountains My Body for the Swamp My Heart shall live in the Highlands And my flesh do what it wants  I was not made ...