Monday 7 November 2022

Fourteen One

The Fatherless Children of Chance

Born of good luck and happenstance

Alone in the wide universe

Alone and alive without blessing or curse

To do and be done as they might

Without a reason or wrong or a right

And reason's alright as it goes

And for all that I do, I've got one of those

But there's no reason for reason at all

It's dog eating dog or the last one to fall

In the end were all the dust that we came from

And meanings mean nothing without explanation

And there's no judge who can cast judgement on me

I proclaim him a myth and I find him unworthy

Go give account to the sand

Go return your body back to the land

You can take this down as verbatim

There's no God, but Oh, do I hate him

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...