Thursday 16 February 2023

Accidental

 I don't want you to think

That this is more than coincidental

When I tell you that rhyming here

Was accidental


To a poet a rhyming scheme

Can be fundamental

But I assure you this time it

Was accidental


I don't want you to think 

I'm lying

Don't be judgemental

I wont mislead you that this rhyme

Was accidental


This time I wont lie, 

I wont place words out as ornamental,

I simply stumbled across those that

Were accidental


How could I be so blythe with words

And yet so unsentimental

When gentle I remind you it

Was pure coincidence




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...