Sunday 8 December 2019

The Trouble With Trouble

The trouble with trouble
Is that it can be very troubling
If you worry about your worries
They often end up doubling

Simmering, boiling, spilling out
Spitting, hissing, bubbling
Now they're spreading everywhere,
You struggle to keep struggling,

The trouble with trouble
Is that you cant help but let it trouble you,
Don't pronounce it with an R,
Try instead to say it with a double U

The trouble with Twubble
Is it's hard to let it twubble you
If you can laugh at all your worries
They're halfway turned to rubble too,

And for the other half turn to prayer
Throw God all the balls you're juggling
They wont trouble him like they trouble you
He'll give you peace instead of struggling

Be of good cheer, cheer up, although,
"In this world you will have trouble"
I have overcome the world,
And burst it's little bubble,

Take my yoke upon you,
Don't be overwhelmed by sight,
Because my yoke is easy,
And my 'burden' is rather light,

To deal with life without the worry
Will half the load you were doubling,
And half again, my friend,
Your trouble's not so troubling,











No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...