Friday 27 December 2019

Amputation

Now all of that gouging business
Makes more sense
Now the limb hacking legs off
Of the Sham and Pretence

Now the iconoclasm bears more weight
Now the Cleaving the meat off
Between trust and hate
Is something I can appreciate
Now I see my actual state

When the ship is struggling you unload cargo
Better to survive with a lightened load,
But when the boat is going down, you have to go,
Abandon Ship, Geronimo,

I am lost and without hope
I am dead in the water now
The gangrene has taken hold
This Limb shall no longer slow me down,

It's got to go
It's got to go
It's got to go

It's better to live without
And live
than die
And to die with

I choose without
Because I want to live

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...