Thursday 28 March 2013

Pearls

They said, Get over it!
Not knowing you are the piece of grit,
That has formed a thousand poem pearls,
Whoever I've loved,
All the girls,

That irritation was the one,
That would last me a lifetime long,
The sorrow that you're gone,
How many times can you give a pure heart?
It turns out,
For me,
Just the one.

All that's come since has been stained,
Stained by mistrust and remembered pain.
Just once could I love like that,
I loved you. You loved me.
I held nothing back.

I believed you were the one,
I believed I'd found shelter from the storm,
When I came across your door,
I didnt realise it lead to the cellar,
(I was such a naive fella)
Where I'd spend the next twenty years,
Writing poetry pearls from the source of the tears.

I'd take all those pearls now,
And happily cast them at the feet of the sow,
Or the feet of the swine,
That took you from me,
Back when you Were mine,

I'm still doing time in that cellar,
Trying to find a way to tell her,
Through poems she never will read,
Through pearls strewn round her imaginary feet,

I'm lost to the cause, yeah, I know.
Stuck in a moment, like emotional snow,
I can't even lift one of my shoes,
To take even the first step away,
From this memory of you.

You loved another man too,
How did that work out for you?
Do you write poems....?
Look out the window,
It's never stopped snowin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...