Friday 19 February 2016

Photosynthesis



If I could find a way,
To convert the energy of the light,
To the growth of my soul,
Sweet would be my production,

And fragrant would be the oxygen, I generate,
Giving life to other organisms,
Filling lungs,
Shaping lives,

 
I would stretch out my limbs in it's luminous warmth,
I would bask in it's rays,

And rise,

Lifting my extremities to the utmost,
As I sought to get nearer to the source of that energy ,
As near as was possible,

 
The light that baked within the depths,
Seedling-me, in germination,
That summoned me,
That bid me break,
First the protective husk of my shell,
And then the thawing crust,
Of the earth that held me,
That had cradled me till now,


It held me, for a while,
But it will be,
The base for launching,
A soulish assault on the skies,

I will rise,

When I crack this light conversion thing,
And learn to photosynthesise,


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...