Friday 19 February 2016

Symbiotic Biology


They said we'd never make it,
They said we did not go together,
But it feels like we've been co-habiting,
Co-existing now forever,


You are vegetation,
I am animation
You're fixed to your location,
I am free to roam the nation.


You are vegetable
I am animal,
I am zoological,
You are more botanical,


You have photosynthesis,
And I, blood and beating heart,
There are no similarities,
We couldn't be any more apart.


Let them deride and scoff,
Yeah, let them go berserk,
Our love may cross the boundaries,
But we can make it work,

 
You see,


What is good for you
Is good for me,
The air on your skin,
The light on your leaves,
It is sugar to you,
And oxygen to me,
It is because of you,
I live and breathe,


I stand firm on the earth,
Because you sway in the breeze,
We sing together, our melodies,
And blending into harmonies,
We are synchronised, and not ill at ease,
Mammals and reptiles and plants and trees,
Ecologically, complimentary, we seek to please,


God forbid, we should ever cease,
To look after one another,
Animal and vegetable
Sister and Brother



We survive
Because you thrive,

We thrive,
Because you survive,


And we are really not so different,
We are both slaves to air and light,
Whether or not we have eyes,
Whether or not we have sight,



And although,
I am not a plant,
If I'm quiet and close my eyes,
I feel the warmth of the sun on my skin,
And feel my levels rise,
And if I am ever so still,

I swear I can photosynthesise...




























No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...