Thursday 25 February 2016

Take me Outside (And Open My eyes)

Besieged is belittled
And belittled, we barely stand,
Dreams have run through the cracks in broken cisterns,
Seeping into desert sand,

All around us, The enemy surrounds,
We are entrenched, hard pressed on every side,
With servants eyes we squint and look on opposing armies,
No way to win, and nowhere to hide,

And reaching out for hope,
Searching from our blinded hearts,
We scarcely dare to believe,
We barely know where to start,

Open the eyes of my heart,
And hide your words of hope within,
The glorious hope we're called to,
Though you kill us we are called to serve,
We are called to win,

There are more of them that are for us,
Than there are of those,
Greater is he that is in us,
Than any who oppose,

Open the eyes of our hearts,
To see the glorious power within,
To see the hope we are called to,
In the gospel of our king,

Oh Lord, Let me see as you see,
Let me feel things as you feel,
The incomparably great power,
The resurrection Zeal,
The power you exerted
When you raised Christ from the dead,
Is alive and at work in us,
As Jesus is the head,

All things beneath his feet,
All things in him, our ours,
We can never be besieged,
When we can know his power,


Open the eyes of our hearts Lord,
Awaken hunger and thirst,
We are panting like the deer,
And the thirst is growing worse,

Summon us, speak to us,
Call from deep to deep,
To search the unsearchable riches of Christ,
Awaken us from our sleep,

Its you, oh Lord, and you alone,
It's you that can satisfy,
We are sick of broken cisterns,
We are sick of wells that dry,

There is so much more,
So, so, so much more than this,
The hope that we are called to,
Called to intimacy's sweet kiss,

Let us see what you see,
Let us feel the things you feel,
let us bow not to fear,
But before our father; kneel.

Open the eyes of my heart,
To see the mysteries profound,
Open the eyes of my heart to see,
The angel armies all around,
Open the eyes of my heart,
To see past my sense of shame.
You have thrown my sin behind your back,
And I will never be the same,


Open the eyes of my heart,
To see the hope to which I am called,
To be loved by my Father in heaven,
To behold his all in all.




and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.













No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...