Monday 11 November 2019

Is Doubt The Hill?

Is doubt the hill,
That faith must climb,
Is fear the reason?
Love; The rhyme?

Is hate the sea,
That love must swim?
(Accept the body,
Regard the limb),

Is lust the storm,
Purity endures?
Unscathed the soul,
Resists the lure)

Is pride the pill,
Humility must swallow?
(But still can show,
Its face tomorrow)

Is sin the war,
The soul survives?
(Scarred and bloodied,
Barely alive)

Is death the end,
We all must face?
(The finish line,
The completed race)

Is the son the one,
My darkness must meet?
(The hours power,
He will defeat)

What doesn't kill you,
Makes you stronger,
Just hold on,
A little longer,

When perseverance',
Work is done,
You'll be mature,
So 'go on my son!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...