Tuesday 19 November 2019

Painted Play

I want to paint not write
I want to convey darkness and light
Colour for the soul caught in night
Images not words/paint not write

I want to be Da Vinci not Lawrence or Keates
I want to be Angelo, not stare at my feet
I want to be Van Gough (with ears complete)
I want to stare at the sun, not hide under sheets

I want to be skilful, catch each detail
Or convey an essence like a scream or a wail
I want to create texture, like a visual brail
I want to be expressive, not an emotional snail

I don't want to be Byron or Dostoyevsky
I want to be a painter, No you cant object, see!




M Joseph Burt (18.06.2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...