Friday 18 September 2020

Inverse

 Warm on a lazy, late September day,

Only blue down there,

No trace of grey,

In the depths,

The red tail Kite swims by on his back,

On the surface, in an opposite direction,

The uptipped dragonfly hovers back in his track,

The vampiric Pigeons between,

Perch precariously, hanging from the fence,

And inverted I , look down into the depths of the sky,

And sighing give up all pretense,


That there is up or down,

As I'm pinned to the earth by unseen force,

Gravitated to the body,

That holds and sustains me, 

The heavenly body which dictates my course, 


And up and down are meaningless,

Without the planet's orientation,

And direction only comes with a place to leave,

And a place of destination,


You are my West and East,

You are my South and my North,

My down and my up,

My far and near,

 Creation cries out,

It's speaking forth,


You're my home and the land that I leave,

You're my awaiting destiny,

You are the train and the station,

The departure and the destination,

Without you, I'm going nowhere,

Floating off into space,

A vacuum oblivion without you,

A  prize-less, 

Directionless, 

Endless race,


The shining Sun is in the deep,

On the deep September day,

The creatures continue on; upside down or backwards,

And carry on their way




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...