Friday 4 September 2020

You're Christopher Robin (The division of Characters)

 My Brother you're Tigger, If I am Pooh,

Though I'm a bit more Eeyore, and some Piglet too,

Yes you're Tigger, and sometimes Roo,

Although if I'm honest I see some Kanga in you,

And sometimes you do what Rabbits do,

But neither of us was ever Owl, That's certainly true,

But mostly I was known as Pooh,

A Bear of Little brain,


In the forest I was Robin Hood, And you were a little John,

In the Jungle I was Mowgli, But you were Tarzan's son,

Boy the jungle went on and on,

The laws of play seemed never done,

I was Akela at the Council rock,

At times: Shere Khan, You were Bandar-log

Grey Brother, you were Bagheera, I was Baloo,

Although I'd have much rather been you,


I thought I was D'artagnan, But I was Richelieu,

You were Porthos and Athos and Aramis too,

Without the poetry of course, 

And of course mine was the religious discourse,


I wanted to be Flash Gordon, You were Superman,

More suited to do what a hero can,

I was Luke, you were Han Solo,

You were Captain Kirk, You would boldly go,

Where no brother of yours had been before,

But you'd follow sometimes, When I'd walked out the door,


You were Obelix to my Asterix,

You were the whole village to my Cacocophonix,

You were Tin-Tin and Snowy, I was Captain Haddock, son,

Also the bungling Thompson and Thomson ,

I was Penfold, You were Danger Mouse,

Bringing character and story to life all over our house,

But most of all you were Christopher Robin more,

You, my brother, were who the stories were for.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...