Sunday 5 June 2022

Gong

 Gong 

 

The symbolism is all wrong 

Whilst the noise of activity goes on and on, 

And in the heavenlies, there’s a clanging gong 

Summons you, to a tuneless, loveless song 

And to it the misdirected masses flock and throng, 
 
To get a look at what’s going on 

This clashing cymbal  

This clanging gong 

 

How long, how long 

How long has this been going on, 
 

If I surrender all I have, to the flames 
If I do it all, in Jesus’ name 

But have not love, then to my shame, 

I’m reduced to dust, 
For the lust of Cain 

And pity me that I ever came, 

For the beginning and the end’s the same, 

Your bristles rose when the clatter came 

So sound the gong for the latter rain, 
 
 
And yes, we can all prophesy 

Interpret every groan and sigh, 

And dream as the whole world passes by 

But without love, we live a lie, 

And life is a death that we’re doomed to die, 

 

A death cry that we’re doomed to hear, 
The cracking sound of our dry veneer 
The hollow noise: your only Souvenir  

Of all you have achieved down here 
So, take it in, blow it out your rear, 
We’ll all be out upon our ear, 
On a ghost ship with no one to steer, 

Without the love  

We’ll drown in fear 


I speak in tongues 

But still you hear 
I said: 

Without love 

We drown in fear 

 

Without love a worthless all 

A blind stumbling down an endless hallway 

Extended hands to prevent a fall 

As you feel your ways down ceaseless wall 
Your voice is a husk from your all your dry calls 

 

Your calls that have gone on so long 

Like a clashing cymbal 

A clanging gong 

The symbolism is all wrong 
 
You gain the world 

You beat the gong 


You gain the world,

You beat the gong

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...