Wednesday 29 June 2022

I weep for you

 You have the heart 

Of a man who has no heart

 The hardness 

Of someone who has worked too hard 

At a task that no one asked you to perform 

You were formed 

Calloused in the background 

You’ve been doing it so long 

That now you can not back down 

Doubled down on destruction 

In the background it’s been going on 

Like a bike downhill 

You peddle still

But the biting point has gone 

Against and because of your will

You travel still 


I still see you as a young man 

A young man 

With no firm plans 

But a baseless hope 

That all will work out well in the end

Well

It’s now the end 

And I weep for you now my friend 

Where did you get to?

What did you mend 

Is this the terminus 

Or merely a bend in the road you can’t see past?


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...