Friday 10 March 2023

Smitten

I was smitten with that kitten

I was funny for that bunny

I was lovey for that dovey

I was money for that honey,


I was crazy for that baby

I was fired up with desire

I was shady for that lady

It was murky in that mire,


It was bloody in that muddy

It was parky in that dark

It was dirty in that flirty

It was snarky with that shark,


It was shaky with that snakey

It was hellish in that hole

It was breaky in that achy

It was soiled in that soul,


It was deep in that depression

It was lost in that lake

I was talking, they were taking

I was walking wide awake,


I was circling the circles

I was found going round

I was hung out and then flung out

I was upped and then downed,


I was drowning in that frowning

I was hurting in that flirt

Now I'm reeling from that feeling

I'm sitting back down in the dirt,


And I'm looking all around me

And it might just be alright,

I'm just fitting with this sitting

But I'm sitting in the light,


Oh I'm feeling kinda shite,

But I'm sitting in the light.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...