Friday 31 March 2023

The Misquoted Mosquito

 Can you misquote a mosquito?

Can you lie to lion?

Can you cheat on a cheetah?

You may die, but you'll die while you're trying,


Can you puff up a puffin?

Like you can gaze at a gazelle?

Can you subtract from an adder?

Maybe, on a cold day in hell!



Can you fire a fire-fly?

Give him his P45,

Tell him his services are no longer required,

As you see the light of hope fade from his eyes.


Can you stretch out an Ostrich, 

It's neck already as long as it is,

Can you stretch out its beak, till it reaches its feet,

Till it gives the back of its own head a kiss?


Could you ever pray for an Osprey?

Take a Tasmanian Devil to church?

Guide a pilot fish to go where he'd wish,

Help a Sea Urchin on it's spiritual search?


I won't say what you could do to a poodle,

A  Labradoodle or even Red Setter,

A Shih Tzu or a Sausage dog,

And the less you think about that all the better,


I once misread the word Mosquito

I read the word Misquote instead,

And this little mistake,

Caused me to take,

Time to work out these rhymes in my head.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...