Thursday 13 December 2012

Satan’s Lullaby

Sleep now, sleep now, oh waker,
(and  Christ will pass you by),
You were warm before you woke,
And its so, so cold outside,

You were content and safe whilst asleep,
Of that, I made very sure,
Return to where the dreams will keep,
And where dream's opiate is pure,

So return to sleep my little love,
Tis not the lark that you hear,
Listen to daddy's lullaby,
Sung sweetly in your ear,

Go back to sleep my little prince,
And dream of safer things,
Than the love of God and the end of man,
And of loyalty to kings,

Sleep now, sleep now, you wakened,
Return unto the dead,
Christ will pass you by,
So ignore the cold and dangerous world,
Pull the covers back up over your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...