Saturday 30 May 2020

A Child at Rest

Be still and know,
Know you are loved,
Loved from above,
And all I require of you,
Is that you be still,

Still, in the centre of my will,
Like the eye of a hurricane,
My love is a Tsunami,
Of calm,
 
If you can keep your head,
While all about you are preening theirs,
Then you will be,
A whole lot better off,

Just be still,
And sup my milk,

Satisfied,
At last,
In eternal arms,
Put your breathing,
In synch,
With mine,

Our heartbeats matching,

You have no wants,
No needs,
Outside of this,
Still your soul,
Like a millpond,

Still your soul,
My child,
Find the centre,
And rest,
 
You are blessed,

For I made you,
I love you,
I have a place for you,

Rest in that truth,

Do not strive,
Be at peace,
At last,
Release,

Let it go,

You are mine,
I have called you by name




M. Joseph Burt   (9.4.6)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...