Wednesday 20 May 2020

After The Fire

Can we just skip the wind?
I can't stand anyway,
And I know I've sinned,

And can we skirt around the quake?
The chasm will catch all and,
I've fallen already, into my mistake,

Can we just not light the fire?
My faults are in flames,
I don't need them higher,

Can we sit, if I get the choice,
In my cave, the two of us,
And whisper, in your smallest, stillest voice,

I don't need the pantomime,
Theatrics ain't no friend of mine,
As for explosions and CGI,
I'd want to shrug and ask you why?

I'll respectfully skip right to the end,
I know you're powerful, my only friend,

I Just need you now,
In the stillness,
No matter how,
Speak still and small,
Speak soft and strong,
This whisper is all I've longed for,
For so long,

Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...