Sunday 31 May 2020

Poem Inside

I may be sh*t,
But there's a poem inside,

I may be beyond redemption,
But there's a poem,
A poem of pride,

I may be proud,
My neck may be stiff,
But there's a poem inside,

I can be spikey,
But there's a poem inside,
My heart under lock and key,
A place for my poem to  hide,

I bite your fingers before you get near me,
But there's a poem inside,

With toothmark scarred fingers,
You finally open me,
And read the poem inside,

It says;

I am quite scared,
And all alone,
And there is no place,
That I can call home,
And I am not worthy of love,
Not even from above,
Please,
Please,
Help,
I can scarcely manage,
A yelp,

As your scarred hands,
Start to gently cradle my heart,
It hurts to stand aside,
And let you read,
My poem inside.


M. Joseph Burt  (22.8.6)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...