Thursday 28 May 2020

Plank

You must be stoned,
You must be high,
To be staring like that,
To give truth to the lie,
To set yourself up,
As the one in the sky,
You can't be getting specks out,
When you're Mr Plank-Eye, 


Whatever you treasure,
The measure you apply,
Will be measured to you,
With pressure supplied,
In the end the pleasure you take,
In judging this guy,
Will become painful to you,
Mr Plank-Eye,


If you're doing alright,
Or if you're just getting by,
If you're proud you've been humbled,
Or you're living the lie,
If you're losing the race,
But claiming a tie,
If you're lifting yourself,
Looking down from on high,
Best watch out for the fall,
Mr Plank-Eye,


I know you can work hard
And I know that you try,
But like one pig judging,
The other pigs in the sty,
You all need the feed,
And a cleaning, besides,
The cleanest of pigs,
Still, I'm afraid, doesn't fly,
And you should stay grounded,
Mr plank-Eye

I think you know now,
And I think you know why,
You know who you are,
Mr Plank-Eye,

I hope that I know now,
I hope I know why,
When I'm judging you now,
I'm Mr Plank-Eye

When I'm judging you,
I'm Mr Plank-Eye


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...