Saturday 30 May 2020

Skinny

We were both of us skinny 
Back then, Ruth Gray
Both of us skinny back then
Now I am not and you still are
But
We were both of us skinny back then


We were all elbows and knees
Back then, Ruth gray
We were all ribs and bones back then
We held a candle to Cambodia
And
We were both of us skinny back then


The Catwalk craves your figure,
Ruth Gray, Ruth Gray
Bulimically want to be you 
But you and I never did feel that way
We never did feel that way, Ruth Gray*
It's something only you and I knew




M. Joseph Burt      (26.6.6)




*I have no idea how Ruth Gray felt, but I always imagined at the time that she felt the same way as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cushion of The Years (Shield against Apollyon)

  Tonight, at 51, With the duvet pulled up to my ears, I will play myself to sleep, With the cassette replacement, Of the tape my mother bou...